lunes, 12 de noviembre de 2012

1. My father usually took us to the circus when one came to town.
      My father used to take us to the circus when one came to town.
      2. At first we found it surprising, but now we love this mild weather.
      We have got used to this mild weather.
      3. My parents were astonished by such a luxury, but they felt comfortable very soon.
      My parents got used to such a luxury very soon.
      4. Bill lived in Australia when he was a child.
      Bill used to live in Australia when he was a child.
      5. She wasn’t in the habit of walking to work.
She didn’t use to walk to work.
      6. The children were accustomed to watching TV after dinner.
The children were used to watching TV after dinner.
7. You will find difficult to drive this car at first, but it’s very easy.
You will get used to driving this car.
8. Bob doesn’t feel comfortable when we go camping.
Bob is not used to going camping.
9. Jim found it strange to drive on the right, but now he doesn’t pay attention to it.
Jim got used to driving on the right.
      10. She has been studying English for two years.
It’s two years since she was studying English.
      11. It’s a long time since I last visited Tom.
I haven’t visited Tom for a long time.
      12. Dogs frighten me.
I’m frightened by dogs.
      13. I was waiting for the bus and there was an accident.
While I was waiting for the bus, there was an accident.
      14. The doorbell rang in the middle of her phone conversation.
While she was in the middle of her phone conversation, the doorbell rang.
      15. While I was having dinner, Jim arrived.
Jim arrived during my dinner.
      16. I was reading this book and he called me.
When he called me, I was reading this book.
      17. I have had this sweater for fifteen years.
It’s fifteen years since I had this sweater.
      18. My date of birth is April 3rd, 1993.
I was born on April 3rd, 1993.
      19. That letter arrived only a few minutes ago.
That letter has just arrived.

2 comentarios :

  1. Hallo, ich habe was damit die Schüler eine Ahnung haben wie wichtig das ist Sprachen zu lernen.

    http://voxy.com/blog/index.php/wide-infographics/5312-2/?post=2725

    LG

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Vielen Dank Marius, es ist echt interessant, und wir sind total einverstanden, oder? Glg.

    ResponderEliminar