A: He speaks
N: He doesn't speak
Q: Does he speak?
1. Habits and routines
2. General Facts
3. Timetables or schedules
always, every..., never, normally, often, seldom, sometimes, usually, if sentences type I(If I talk...)
A: He is speaking
N: He isn't speaking
Q: Is he speaking?
1. Action taking place in the moment of speaking
2. Action taking place only for a limited period of time
3. Action arranged for the future
At the moment, just, just now, Listen!, Look!, now, right now
1. Write the verb in the correct form. Use the PRESENT SIMPLE.
a. Jill often ____________ (play) tennis in the afternoons.
b. Peter and I ________________ (not/study) every day.
c. Richard ___________________ (not/live) in Italy.
d. ________ you _________ (like) pizza?
e. She usually _____________ (wear) casual clothes.
2. Write the verb in the PRESENT CONTINUOUS form
a. I _____________________ (do) my homework
b. Jane __________________________ (play) tennis at the moment.
c. My father _______________ (swim) at the beach.
d. The students ___________________ (not/study).
e. ________ you _____________ (eat) now?
3. Write the verb in the present simple or present continuous
a. Tony always __________________ (finish) school at 4.30
b. Look! Those boys ___________________ (fight), call the teacher!
c. _____________________ (you/eat) pizza every weekend?.
d. Tom is not here, he _________________ (study) in his room at the moment.
e. Frank __________________ (not/drink) alcohol ery often.